Approval planning (Proyecto Basico) – Building permit (Licencia de Obra) – Detailed planning and tendering (final approval) – Final approval (Obra Nueva) – Land registry entry – Habitability certificate (Cédula de Habitabilidad)
When building a new house in Mallorca, the following approvals must be obtained or authorities have to be dealt with in the given order:
1. Preparation of approval planning (proyecto básico) by an architect
2. Application for a building permit (licencia de obra) to the municipality or city administration by the developer, the architect, a lawyer or a tax office. The building permit is valid for two years from the date of issue and may be extended by two years before its expiration.
3. Creation of the design and the tender (ejecución y memoria del proyecto) by the architect
4. After completion of the construction work, the first step is the acceptance of the building (certificado del final de obra) by the architect, including endorsement by the Chamber of Architects.
5. If this is the case, you must apply to the municipality or city administration for the appropriate final acceptance (final de obra).
6. Subsequently, a public deed for the new building declaration for the house can be prepared at the notary (escritura sobre la declaración de obra nueva).
7. Now, the entry of the new building (alta de obra nueva) in the Land Registry (Registro de la Propiedad) and in the land registry (Catastro).
8. Finally, the certificate of habitability (certificado de la cédula de habitabilidad) is to be applied for at the Island Council of Mallorca.
Should you require more detailed information, the team of Fuchur – Building in Mallorca – is always available for a non-binding consultation.
Contact us, we look forward to meeting you in person.